August 27, 2010
As promised: here’s the list of what I ate at this year’s fair. Every year is slightly different: I have some favorites. And, of course, have to try out new items. This year: the deep-fried bologna on a stick. Here goes.
- honey ice cream with sunflower seeds (twice)
- wine ice cream: ruby raspberry and apple cinnamon
- deep-fried bologna on a stick
- grilled corn on the cob, hold the butter
- Pronto Pup® (you may know it as a corn dog)
- sausage sampler: swedish, tuscan, wild rice
- vanilla milk shake
- small taste of chocolate malted milkshake
- what they called a “tornado potato”: spiral fries dipped in chocolate
- Pig Lickers: bacon dipped in dark chocolate
- sweet potato “tater tots”
- 10 bottles of 20 oz. water
- Korean chicken taco
- key lime pie on a stick
You know, I think that’s it. If something else comes to mind, I’ll add it. Doesn’t look so bad. Hahahahaha. Certainly not up to the standards of the 2005 fair.
August 26, 2010
UPDATE: I have to laugh. Looking at my post from the 2010 Minnesota State Fair – I realized that the picture is very similar to the one below – from the 2009 OREGON State Fair: involving the same basic food item: Bacon. Anyway — I experimented with posting a blog from a remote location, in this case – obviously – the MN Fairgrounds – and it seemed to work.
A little post from the fair. I’ve embraced the fun of knowing that part of the joy of weight loss is that a day of indulgence ain’t gonna hurt. I mean, what would a day at the fair be without Pig Lickers: crisp bacon dipped in dark chocolate. Spent an hour with a man who creates wooden bowls you can drink ale from. Ain’t life grand!!
Sorry, gotta run. Hear there are sweet potato “tater tots” over down the way.
December 31, 2009
There is this thing we dieters do in the evening, or even the days, before we start our DIET. We eat that last supper of everything we’re convinced we are not going to eat, or do not think we will be able to eat while on the diet. (Read more on my thoughts about being ON a diet in entry called To All A Goodnight).